Why is it so hard to find non-fluffy content about building a business?
Pain Point Driven Everything
Similar to every project / business we undertake it starts with a simple pain point. Where can I find someone with a similar interest of building businesses that isn't afraid to share their efforts publicly?
For multiple reasons I sought out a like-minded set of founders that were perhaps sharing their journey online. And no not the typical mindset centric entrepreneurs that spend 99% of the time talking about being productive and the other 1% talking about the actual work. I wanted someone that was digging into the implementation. The way they validated with customers, the way they planned to generate leads, the corners they cut, the tools they used. The real stuff.
Needless to say, as a marketer I found nothing but Guru's, Gary V's and long winded videos to say the same thing as everyone else.
Now, enjoy this awkward video of Kyle and I as we introduce the above.
Nitty Gritty - How To Scale a Startup
Forget the mindset, determination, discipline, everything about being your best self. I think it's safe to assume these things are present. Let's dig into:
- Validating an idea as close to a paying customer as possible
- Identifying and stress testing audience segments prior to investment
- Planning on primary and secondary routes to scale an idea
- Engineering scope that actually leads to an MVP instead of an 'All-in-One'
These are just a few of the areas that I aim to lean into.
Expectations - Being 100% Transparent As I Scale Online Businesses
What can you expect? Why listen to this bozo?
Just like my pain point driven justification I'm happy to provide my upfront competitive advantage. I will be 100% transparent. As my team, brother, and friends know transparency is one of my favourite words... I overuse the living hell out of the word but for good reason. I believe in it more than any other trait, both in the workplace and life.
My singular goal is to provide a solution to the pain point I experienced. In order to achieve in said task I have to be willing to pull back the curtain as we 'build in public'. Kyle and I share this value and promise to provide that tier of honesty as we scale each project.